On 21st July, 2020 Bing Announced a URL Submission Plugin for WordPress. Bing Announcing the release of Bing URL Submissions Plugin for WordPress as open source project to make it easy for webmasters of WordPress sites to get.
What is Bing URL Submission Plugin?
The plugin allows webmasters of WordPress sites to get their content easily, automatically and immediately indexed by Bing as soon as their content is published!
How Bing URL Submission Plugin works?
Once installed and configured with an API key obtained from Bing Webmaster portal, the plugin detects both page updates and new pages created in WordPress and automatically submits the URLs behind the scenes to our Bing Webmaster Tools API ensuring that the site pages are always fresh in the Bing index.
What are the features of Bing URL Sumission Plugin?
1. The ability to toggle the automatic submission feature on and off. 2. Manually submit a URL to Bing Index. 3. View list of recent URL submissions from the plugin. 4. Retry any failed submissions from the recent submissions list. 5. Download recent URL submissions for analysis.
How to install
Here is how to install this plugin and obtain an API key:
Install the plugin:
- Log in to WordPress admin panel for your WordPress site. Click on ‘Plugins > Add New’.
- Search for ‘Bing URL Submissions Plugin’ and install.
- Once installed, click on ‘Activate’ to enable plugin.
Obtain an API key:
- Open Bing URL Submissions plugin settings page by clicking on “Settings” link for the plugin. (Or the ‘Bing Webmaster’ link in the navigation menu).
- You should now be greeted with a prompt to enter API key.
- Enter your Bing Webmaster API key into the prompt in the plugin page. (You can obtain API key by following the instructions here. Ensure that your WordPress site is verified with Bing Webmaster).
- Your WordPress site is now configured to automatically submit URLs to Bing.
Source : https://blogs.bing.com/webmaster/july-2020/Get-your-WordPress-content-indexed-immediately-using-Bing-Webmaster-Tools-plugin