National Education Policy 2020 announced
National Education Policy 2020 announced. The new policy aims to bring transformational reforms in school and higher education
New Delhi: The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi approved the National Education Policy 2020 today, making way for large scale, transformational reforms in both school and higher education sectors. This is the first education policy of the 21st century and replaces the thirty-four year old National Policy on Education (NPE), 1986. Built on the foundational pillars of Access, Equity, Quality, Affordability and Accountability, this policy is aligned to the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and aims to transform India into a vibrant knowledge society and global knowledge superpower by making both school and college education more holistic, flexible, multidisciplinary, suited to 21st century needs and aimed at bringing out the unique capabilities of each student.
New Education Policy 2020 is announced
- 10+2 board structure is dropped
- New school structure will be 5+3+3+4
- Upto 5 pre school, 6 to 8 Mid School, 8 to 11 High School , 12 onwards Graduation
- Any Degree will be 4 years
- 6th std onwards vocational courses available
- From 8th to 11th students can choose subjects
- All graduation course will have major and minor
Example – science student can have Physics as Major and Music as minor also. Any combination he can choose
- All higher education will be governed by only one authority.
- UGC AICTE will be merged.
- All University government, private, Open, Deemed, Vocational etc will have same grading and other rules.
- New Teacher Training board will be setup for all kinds of teachers in country, no state can change
- Same level of Accreditation to any collage , based on its rating collage will get autonomous rights and funds.
- New Basic learning program will be created by government for parents to teach children upto 3 years in home and for pre school 3 to 6
- Multiple entry and exit from any course
- Credit system for graduation for each year student will get some credits which he can utilize if he takes break in course and come back again to complete course
- All schools exams will be semester wise twise a year
- The syllabus will be reduced to core knowledge of any subject only
- More focus on student practical and application knowledge
- For any graduation course if student completes only one year he will get a basic certificate, if he completes two years then he will get Diploma certificate and if he completes full course then he will get degree certificate. So no year of any student will be wasted if he break the course in between.
- All the graduation course feed of all Universities will be governed by a single authority with capping on each course.
Now we can hope our education system will be at par with other countries and future of our children will be bright.
- Which AI Tool is Best for Content Writing? - 28 September 2023
- How Machine Learning Has Changed Manufacturing Forever? - 25 September 2023
- A Deep Dive into 4rabet – India’s Emerging Online Betting Platform - 15 September 2023